Transcript for Beyonce's 'Renaissance' concert movie rakes in $21 million over the weekend
- Good morning, everybody. We're going to begin with the queen of the box office, Beyoncé. Her Renaissance concert movie raking in over $20 million in ticket sales over the weekend, taking the top spot in theaters after Taylor Swift showed up to support her fellow artist at the Renaissance London premiere. According to AMC Theaters, it is the first time in 20 years that any film has opened to more than $20 million on the weekend following Thanksgiving, typically a very slow weekend.
And critics are already giving the movie a 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes, which Beyoncé's mom, Tina Knowles, celebrated there on Instagram. She wrote, "There are only a few people that understand how hard Beyoncé works and that she deserves every accolade that she is getting." Beyoncé isn't slowing down either. She just released a new single. It's called "My House." It plays in the credits of the film. So if you've seen it, you've heard it. But now you can hear it everywhere. It's available now. Movie is in theaters now as well. Have you seen it?
- I haven't seen it yet.
- I'm going, I'm going.
- We're definitely going to see it.
- I heard it is fantastic. All right, also in the news this morning, Macaulay Culkin honored over the weekend. The Home Alone star receiving a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. It's about time. He was surrounded by his fiance, Brenda Song. They've got two kids that were there, several siblings. And even his goddaughter Paris Jackson was there to celebrate him.
His Home Alone mom, Catherine O'Hara, there she is. She honored Culkin with a touching speech. Take a look.
- The reason families all over the world can't let a year go by without watching and loving Home Alone together is because of Macaulay Culkin. I know you worked really hard. I know you did. But you made acting look like the most natural thing in the world to do.
Thank you for including me, your fake mom, who left you home alone not once, but twice, to share in this happy occasion. I'm so proud of you.
- So great, just love her. I am. And as for Macaulay, he had this to say about this special recognition.
- And in the spirit of the holiday season, I just want to say, Merry Christmas, you filthy animals.
- That's the last line from Home Alone. Hard to believe Culkin is now 43 years old and that iconic movie came out 33 years ago. It certainly stands the test of time.
- It does.
- Congratulations, Macaulay. Hey, in music news this morning, a few months ago, we exclusively revealed that there was a brand new Sound of Music collection that was going to set the hills alive and now it's here. The new collection features all of the films music in its entirety for the first time ever. That's 40 never-before-heard tracks, including Christopher Plummer's vocal recordings. They were kept in the Rodgers and Hammerstein vault for nearly 60 years until now. Listen up.
[CHRISTOPHER PLUMMER, "EDELWEISS"] Edelweiss, Edelweiss, bless my homeland forever.
LARA SPENCER: I mean, he sounds incredible. I don't know what he was worried about. But he didn't want to have his voice in the film. He was a Tony Award winning actor who recorded multiple tracks for the film. But he did not want to dampen Julie Andrews, if you will. He thought she was such a virtuoso. And he wanted the team to have the singing quality match Julie's singing level.
I got to say, he's fantastic. The Sound of Music Super Deluxe Edition is out now. The Sound of Music film will actually be airing tonight, yay, right here on ABC, Sunday, December 17, 7:00 PM. Mom, we have a date. That's exciting.
And, finally, this morning, a one-year-old Long Island tabby cat-- of course it's from Long Island, my home-- going viral on TikTok. This is Loki, appropriately named after the God of mischief. Watch, there's Loki doing his thing, caught red pawed by mom Danielle stealing a bag of Funyuns, of course.
ROBIN ROBERTS: Of all things.
LARA SPENCER: People online cracking up at the video. One person commenting, "This is the best Funyun commercial you'll ever see." Danielle also updated Loki's fans saying that she hid that bag of Funyuns after Loki got caught. He went back in the cabinet, though, and he stole a box of mac and cheese. She writes that he doesn't really have the munchies. It's just the act of stealing that really feeds his feline soul. Thank you for that, Danielle. And that's Pop News.
- You mean he's a cat burglar?
- How did I miss that?
- I'm off my game, Robin. I am off my game. Thank you, my friend.
This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.